Do you really desire a painting but you’re not too sure if it’s going to work in the space that you have in mind? Worldart gives art lovers the chance to see what a painting would look like on their walls – without physically having the painting there.
It is an augmented reality application that overlays a photo of a painting from the Worldart gallery (www.worldart.co.za) on the space where the painting plans to be displayed. The result is a realistic photo of a selected artwork in the chosen environment – and suddenly acquiring a painting is easier and even more thrilling.
Users need to choose the desired painting as well as specify the distance to the display space from where they are standing – the app then overlays the image of the painting (taking real size into account) onto the area. It’s as simple as that!
How to use it? – Quick guide
- Start the application and allow it to download art definitions.
- Select a painting from the list of available art.
- Once the live video is shown, move closer or further away from the wall, and adjust the distance slider accordingly.
- Drag the dotted frame to adjust the position of the art.
- When ready touch the art icon.
- A still image will be captured and the art work will be overlaid.
- If you are happy, save it to the photo gallery by touching the camera shutter icon.
- From the iPad’s or iPhone’s photo gallery, it can be viewed, emailed or printed.
- On the main screen application title bar, the application can be instructed to check for new art by touching the download button.
Description: Privacy settings does not allow photo to be saved to photo album